Black, blue, purple roses, pictures of which can be found on the Internet, look charming and extraordinary. However, the beauty that is displayed in the picture does not always exist in the real world, which causes a lot of controversy about the veracity of the image.
- Purple roses in pictures look adorable
- Is it true that roses are purple
- Types and names of purple roses
- Lilac roses: planting and care rules
- Purple roses in a landscape garden, with which flowers are combined
Purple roses in pictures look adorable
Pictures of buds of an unearthly, purple color invariably catch the eye. A non-standard shade, which often seems almost unreal, cannot but attract attention with its beauty.
However, many, having seen a photo of a lilac rose, doubt: this is the result of skillful gardening, or skillful use of a graphic editor. Unfortunately, often the authors of the most beautiful photographs openly abuse the trust of users.
However, this does not mean that all images of roses of this incredible shade should be viewed with the same skepticism. Several fake photos are not a guarantee that they will not be real.
Admire how charming lilac and purple roses look in the video:
Is it true that roses are purple
To meet a purple rose in a neighbor's garden, or in a flower bed, is not so surprising now. These flowers do exist, and the saturation of the purple color may vary. From a light lilac shade of pinkish petals to a deep, cold purple color.
At the same time, it is important to remember that the development of selection allows us to meet such beauty. All varieties of purple roses are hybrids, such a shade does not exist in nature. However, thanks to the skillful manipulations of a specialist, we got a unique opportunity to enjoy the unearthly beauty of amazing flowers.
Roses of this color differ not only in saturation, but also in color intensity, depending on the stage of flowering, on the angle of illumination and many other factors.
Unreal lilac, black and mixed shades are not losing their popularity. Planting a shrub with such exotic flowers is the dream of any gardener.
Types and names of purple roses
The process of creating a variety can take more than one year, but the speed of emergence of new species cannot but please fans.
The most famous representatives of purple hybrids are the plants mentioned in the table.
|Blue for you||Shrub up to 1 m high, needs shaping. The buds are small, but abundantly dotted with shoots. Differs in average cold resistance, strong aroma and light lilac shade;|
|Blue river||It grows up to 1 m in height.The branches are strong, bear large single flowers, the shade of which varies from light lavender to crimson|
|Cardinal de richelieu||One of the oldest varieties, it grows up to 2 m in height. Shoots without thorns, bear large buds with double petals of deep purple color. The aroma is sharp, the plant is cold-resistant|
|Moje hammarberg||A bush up to 1.2 m high with light leaves, thick branches and medium-sized red-purple flowers. The buds can be arranged either one at a time or in groups|
|Perennial blue||A climbing shrub, reaching a height of 3 m, needs props. The buds are small, clustered in large inflorescences that exude a sweet aroma throughout the season;|
|Rhapsody in blue||Differs in a bluish tinge of small buds that lushly dot the bush. The aroma is delicate, the flower tolerates rain well|
Depending on your desire, you can pick up both a plant of an absolutely incredible, saturated lilac color, and a shrub with flowers of a delicate purple hue.
Lilac roses: planting and care rules
Almost all roses are quite capricious plants, which is important to consider.
So when planting purple varieties, it is recommended:
- Pick up a loose loam rich in nutrients with medium acidity;
- Find a well-lit area. It is important to remember that too much light can negatively affect the color of the petals, but in no case should you plant a shrub in the shade. This will lead to inhibition of growth;
- The landing site should be closed from drafts and not accumulate excess water on its territory. A fenced-in location on a low rise is best;
- It is recommended to plant in the fall, in a hole that fully corresponds in size to the volume of the root. In this case, the pinching place must be above the soil level.
After planting, it is important not to forget about the shrub, it still needs attention.
It is recommended to systematically perform:
- Watering - in the summer several times a day, but do not allow stagnation of water and the ingress of liquid on the leaves and petals;
- Pruning - for forming a bush, removing dead branches and for wintering;
- Top dressing - throughout the season you need to apply both organic and mineral fertilizers;
- Preventive checks of shrubs for attacks by pests and diseases.
Correct and timely care will help not only preserve the existing plant, but also improve the quality of its flowering, which will be a decoration for any garden.
All the secrets of growing roses are on the video:
Purple roses in a landscape garden, with which flowers are combined
For every designer, the perfect flower bed looks different. However, it is believed that the best companions for the purple buds of hybrids will be yellow, white and pink shades.
When planting, it will be wise to place taller shrubs at a distance, spreading to use for single compositions, weaving for arbors. In the background in a landscaped garden, tall conifers or cypresses look great.
However, lilac flowers look so extraordinary that any other combination will not be unsuccessful. Such an unusual pearl of the garden will decorate any garden.
Purple roses are plants of amazing beauty that have long ceased to be a fairy tale. Today anyone can plant this miracle in their garden.